Skintifique products are Mineral Oil Free
Skintifique products do not contain mineral oil. They also do not contain many other ingredients. This reflects Skintifique’s “Radical Simplicity” approach which aims to eliminate every ingredient that is not important in order to protect the most sensitive skins. Also, all our products are eco-friendly, vegan, cruelty-free (no animal testing), hypoallergenic and tolerance tested.
Looking for mineral oil free skincare? Check out our products.
Moisturises intensely. Protects from metals (Nickel…) and pollution. Cleanses softly. Proven efficacy. Safe & pure formulations. For sensitive, allergic or irritated skin.
Up to 98% of natural ingredients
A very safe and pure moisturiser. It hydrates and protects skin from environmental stressors: pollution, dryness, metals (Nickel, Chrome…).
13 ingredients - More than 78% of natural ingredients
Gentle cleansing and purifying micellar water, makeup remover. Removes impurities, excess oil, traces of pollution and metals. For sensitive, reactive or irritated skin.
5 ingredients - More than 91% of natural ingredients
The Hydrating Gel Plus HS is an exceptionally pure head-to-toe hydrating cream. For dry, sensitive or irritated skin (eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis...).
8 ingredients - More than 98% of natural ingredients
Mineral oil in Cosmetics
What is mineral oil?
Mineral oil is an ingredient derived from petrochemicals. It is colourless, orderless, hydrophobic and occlusive. Contrary to what the term might suggest, mineral oil is therefore very far from the naturalness of a mineral water… Mineral oils are mainly used in industry as a lubricant and in its most refined form, in a lot of cosmetics.
Other common names:
- Cera microcristallina
- Mineral Oil
- Paraffinum liquidum
- Petrolatum Jelly
- Silicone quaternium
- Synthetic wax
Why is it used by other brands?
The main reason for using mineral oil in cosmetics are:
- It creates an occlusive layer on the skin (like plastic) thereby limiting water evaporation.
- It is an emollient that softens the skin.
Why we do not use it
- Our product provides superior moisturising thanks to the technologies they are based on that do not require an occlusive layer on the skin.
- It’s not great for health. It’s occlusive and prevents the skin from breathing. If the oil is not refined enough it can be toxic in the long-term.
- It’s not great for the environment, like any other product derived from petrol…