What is psoriasis and how do you treat it?
First and foremost, in order to treat Psoriasis, it is important to understand what it is exactly. Psoriasis is a chronic disease of the immune system, characterised by a localised inflammatory response and by the epidermis renewing too fast. This leads to an accumulation of dead cells at the surface of the skin.
One must know that there is no treatment today which can cure psoriasis permanently. However, there are a few treatments which can help control the symptoms such as:
- Topical corticosteroids: to fight against the localised inflammation. However, there is the risk of a bounce effect when the treatment is stopped, and using corticosteroids over a long period of time can weaken the skin.
- Vitamin D3 analogs: they can act on the multiplication and maturation of the keratinocytes.
- Salicylic acid: for its keratolytic effect.
- Phototherapy: The idea is to expose the skin to UVA or UVB depending on the localisation and the extent of the lesions. These treatments are often effective but can be used for a limited time to avoid the increase of skin cancer risk.
- Systemic treatments: different strategies can be considered by the medical profession to treat psoriasis attacks, generally vitamin A derivatives, immunosuppressants, or biotherapies. These treatments are often accompanied by side effects, which can limit their use.
- Intense moisturising: persons suffering from psoriasis should use a product that brings intense and long-lasting moisturising and soothing in order to help repair the skin.
The different types of psoriasis and how to relieve them
What are the characteristics of a good treatment?
It is important for people suffering from psoriasis to use skin care which moisturises, soothes and helps repair skin. Skintifique skin care products are perfect for this, with their extremely efficient, safe and pure formulations.
The Psoriasis Pack is composed of the Hydrating Gel Plus HS which brings an intense and long-lasting moisturising and soothing, and helps repair the skin. It has a very safe formulation, with only 8 ingredients, and 98.9% of natural ingredients, which makes it very suitable for irritated or damaged skin.
In all case, it is essential for persons suffering from psoriasis to take care of their skin during and between outbreaks, with skin care which moisturises, soothes and helps repair skin.
How can psoriasis be relieved with Skintifique?
An innovative approach
You have tried everything and you are still looking for new solutions to relieve your psoriasis? Skintifique’s scientists and collaborators have developed a new approach to create safe and efficient glycerine based products that allow a controlled release of the active ingredients to the skin. This approach is called Activifique. Unlike in standard products, beneficial ingredients are delivered over time to the skin. In some circumstances, the beneficial agents are even activated when the skin most needs them, and less active when the skin needs them less. The products then benefit skin both during and between break-out and can be used in the long run on any skin part, without loss of efficacy.
Scientifically proven results
The Psoriasis Pack is composed of the Hydrating Gel Plus HS that benefits from this new technology and brings an intense and long-lasting moisturising, soothes, and helps repair skin damaged by psoriasis. It has a very safe formulation, with only 8 ingredients, and 98.9% of natural ingredients, which makes it very suitable for irritated or damaged skin.
To be applied as often as necessary
This Gel has the texture of a cream. It is an exceptional face and body moisturiser which can help to regenerate your skin. It provides a triple emollient, humectant, and soothing action. Moreover, this skin care gradually releases its moisturising and soothing agents on demand. We recommend to use it for at least 15 days to help repair the skin damaged by psoriasis.
Skintifique products have extremely pure formulations, with a limited number of ingredients to minimise the risk of skin reaction. Each ingredient has been carefully selected for its safety profile. The products in the Psoriasis Pack are: paraben free – metal free (no Nickel, Chromium or Cobalt…) – fragrance free – EDTA-free – BPA free (no phthalates, bisphenol, non-toxic plastic) – sulfates free (no SLS & SLES) – gluten free – silicone free (no dimethicone) – alcohol free – mineral oil free (petroleum free) – lanolin free. Also, all our products are eco-friendly and vegan. They are cruelty-free (no animal testing). They are hypoallergenic and tolerance tested.
Skintifique in the press
What are the results of Skintifique products on psoriasis?
A frequent use of Hydrating Gel Plus HS shows a clear improvement:
Xavier suffers from hand psoriasis. You can read here his interview on his experience with…
In the recent years, new discoveries have been made concerning the mechanisms involved in psoriasis. These discoveries…