What information on scalp psoriasis are you looking for?
What is scalp psoriasis
Scalp psoriasis is common: half of the people suffering from psoriasis have it on the scalp. It is characterised by reddish, often scaly patches. It usually spreads to your forehead, the back of your neck, or behind your ears.
Scalp psoriasis often causes intense itching. It is then important to choose a skin care product that soothes intensely the irritated skin. Scroll down to learn more.
What are the symptoms of scalp psoriasis
Psoriasis clinical manifestations are most commonly the appearance of more or less thick red patches on the skin, covered by scales that usually spreads to your forehead, the back of your neck, or behind your ears. The patches can evolve and lead to the apparition of very painful lesions, like cracks which can be more or less deep. This is a relapsing disease which evolves by sudden flare-ups. Some factors can be aggravating like stress, smoking, or skin lesions (like sun burns).
How can scalp psoriasis be relieved?
One must know that there is no treatment today which can cure psoriasis permanently. However, there are a few treatments which can help control the symptoms such as:
- Topical corticosteroids: to fight against the localised inflammation. However, there is the risk of a bounce effect when the treatment is stopped, and using corticosteroids over a long period of time can weaken the skin.
- Vitamin D3 analogs: they can act on the multiplication and maturation of the keratinocytes.
- Salicylic acid: for its keratolytic effect.
- Phototherapy: The idea is to expose the skin to UVA or UVB depending on the localisation and the extent of the lesions. These treatments are often effective but can be used for a limited time to avoid the increase of skin cancer risk.
- Systemic treatments: different strategies can be considered by the medical profession to treat psoriasis attacks, generally vitamin A derivatives, immunosuppressants, or biotherapies. These treatments are often accompanied by side effects, which can limit their use.
- Intense moisturising: persons suffering from scalp psoriasis should use a product that brings intense and long-lasting moisturising and soothing in order to help repair the skin.
In all case, it is essential for persons suffering from scalp psoriasis to take care of their skin during and between outbreaks, with skin care which moisturises, soothes and helps repair scalp skin.
How can scalp psoriasis be relieved with Skintifique?
An innovative approach
You have tried everything and you are still looking for new solutions to relieve your psoriasis? Skintifique’s scientists and collaborators have developed a new approach to create safe and efficient glycerine based products that allow a controlled release of the active ingredients to the skin. This approach is called Activifique. Unlike in standard products, beneficial ingredients are delivered over time to the skin. In some circumstances, the beneficial agents are even activated when the skin most needs them, and less active when the skin needs them less. The products then benefit skin both during and between break-out and can be used in the long run on any skin part, without loss of efficacy.
Scientifically proven results
The Psoriasis Pack is composed of the Hydrating Gel Plus HS that benefits from this new technology and brings an intense and long-lasting moisturising, soothes, and helps repair skin damaged by psoriasis. It has a very safe formulation, with only 8 ingredients, and 98.9% of natural ingredients, which makes it very suitable for irritated or damaged skin.
To be applied during the night
You can try the Hydrating Gel as companion care for scalp psoriasis.It brings intense moisturising, long lasting skin soothing and it helps repair damaged skin. It can be used on any skin area affected with psoriasis. Because of its rich texture, if you use it on scalp, it is better to use it at night and then wash your hair in the morning. We recommend to use it for at least 15 days to help repair the skin damaged by psoriasis.
Skintifique products have extremely pure formulations, with a limited number of ingredients to minimise the risk of skin reaction. Each ingredient has been carefully selected for its safety profile. The products in the Psoriasis Pack are: paraben free – metal free (no Nickel, Chromium or Cobalt…) – fragrance free – EDTA-free – BPA free (no phthalates, bisphenol, non-toxic plastic) – sulfates free (no SLS & SLES) – gluten free – silicone free (no dimethicone) – alcohol free – mineral oil free (petroleum free) – lanolin free. Also, all our products are eco-friendly and vegan. They are cruelty-free (no animal testing). They are hypoallergenic and tolerance tested.
Skintifique in the press
What are the results of Skintifique products on psoriasis?
A frequent use of Hydrating Gel Plus HS shows a clear improvement:
Xavier suffers from hand psoriasis. You can read here his interview on his experience with…
In the recent years, new discoveries have been made concerning the mechanisms involved in psoriasis. These discoveries…