Skintifique products are Silicone Free
Skintifique products do not contain silicone. They also do not contain many other ingredients. This reflects Skintifique’s “Radical Simplicity“approach which aims to eliminate every ingredient that is not important in order to protect the most sensitive skins. Also, all our products are eco-friendly, vegan, cruelty-free (no animal testing), hypoallergenic and tolerance tested.
Looking for silicone free skincare? Check out our products.
Moisturises intensely. Protects from metals (Nickel…) and pollution. Cleanses softly. Proven efficacy. Safe & pure formulations. For sensitive, allergic or irritated skin.
Up to 98% of natural ingredients
A very safe and pure moisturiser. It hydrates and protects skin from environmental stressors: pollution, dryness, metals (Nickel, Chrome…).
13 ingredients - More than 78% of natural ingredients
Gentle cleansing and purifying micellar water, makeup remover. Removes impurities, excess oil, traces of pollution and metals. For sensitive, reactive or irritated skin.
5 ingredients - More than 91% of natural ingredients
The Hydrating Gel Plus HS is an exceptionally pure head-to-toe hydrating cream. For dry, sensitive or irritated skin (eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis...).
8 ingredients - More than 98% of natural ingredients
Silicone in Cosmetics
What is silicone?
Silicones, also known as siloxanes, are a kind of hybrid between synthetic rubbers and synthetic plastic polymers. Silicones are used in cosmetics and various personal care products to make them soft and smooth.
Other common names:
- Phenyl trimethicone
- Dimethicone copolyol
Why is it used by other brands?
The main reason for using silicone in cosmetics are:
- It creates an occlusive layer on the skin (like plastic) thereby limiting water evaporation.
- It makes your skincare products feel silky smooth and easy to apply without the oily film on your skin.
- It resists heating and UV lights
Why we do not use it
- Our product provides superior moisturising thanks to the technologies they are based on that do not require an occlusive layer on the skin.
- It’s not great for health: It’s occlusive and prevents the skin from breathing.
- It’s not great for the environment: it takes around 400 years to biodegrade…