Learn in this article what is the difference between the Hydrating Gel Plus HS and “classic” moisturisers in terms of formulations and hydration power.
There are in the market a lot of different moisturisers, all claiming to provide good hydration. One can find it hard to make a choice! It is important to pay attention to the products’ formulation.
First generation moisturiser
First generation moisturisers are very established moisturisers. They have been on the market for quite a long time and they use petrol-derived ingredients as “emollients” to soften or soothe the skin. These ingredients are for instance:
- Lanolin (derived from wool)
- White soft paraffin (also called crystalline petroleum wax and similar names)
- Light liquid paraffin (also called liquid petrolatum, mineral oil, and other names)
These petrol-derivated ingredients create a thin layer on the skin (like a liquid plastic glove) which limits the evaporation of the water contained in the skin, therefore the efficient moisturising effect. But this use of petrol-derived ingredients causes two type of problems:
- The first one is that the thin layer of the skin is occlusive. Therefore they also prevent the skin from breathing normally. And if people use them too often, bacteria and other agents can develop on the skin, under the thin layer.
- Another one is that many people cannot stand the texture on their skin, as it is really like a liquid glove. Some people may even become allergic or hypersensitive to these ingredients, most of which are completely synthetic, like plastics.
Second generation moisturisers
The difference with first generation moisturisers is that companies have kept these emollients but usually decreased their quantity. They have often added another type of occlusive emollient: dimethicone or similar derivatives of silicones (which are also derived from petrol). This emollient also provides an occlusive layer on top of the skin.
They have also added other types of moisturising ingredients, such as glycerin, that are called “humectant”and that act in a different way than emollients. Indeed, they attract water to the skin. Most products, however, cannot contain large quantities of glycerin, because if the quantities are too high, the skin becomes sticky and it creates an itching sensation, as too much water from the lower layers of the skin is attracted to the higher layers.
Skintifique Hydrating Gel Plus HS: the new generation of moisturisers
The Hydrating Gel Plus HS can be called “a new generation of moisturiser” mainly because of two things:
- It doesn’t contain mineral oil, petroleum wax, silicones, lanolin, mineral oil. The safest formulation has been developed to bring comfort and relief to the most demanding skin.
- The Activifique technology used in the Hydrating Gel Plus HS allows a moisturising efficacy that is exceptionally strong. Despite having no occlusive ingredient, ingredients such as glycerin are released over time to the skin. As a result, the skin benefits more from the activity of these ingredients than when they are in traditional products. In addition, the Hydrating Gel contains very high quantities of glycerin without creating the stickiness nor itching sensation. The glycerin is « trapped » in the cream before it is released, in a structure that has a very soft texture and that contains a lot of water.
As you can see, Skintifique is bringing innovation both on the safety and the efficiency side!
Why may you want to use the Hydrating Gel Plus HS to moisturise your skin?
So now, you know what is the difference between the Hydrating Gel Plus HS and “classic” moisturisers. The Hydrating Gel appears as a new generation of moisturiser. It contains no occlusive ingredients derived from petrol, which is better both for the skin and for the environment. It also delivers superior moisturising efficacy with a great texture, thanks to a long-term delivery of the moisturising ingredients, mostly glycerin, which are in high quantities.
An exceptionally pure head-to-toe moisturising, soothing and repairing cream. Provides intense and long-lasting relief The first cream in the world to protect the skin from irritant metals (Nickel, Chromium, Cobalt…) for up to 14h while letting it breathe A very pure moisturising body lotion which hydrates and protects from pollution and metals (Nickel, Chromium…)
An exceptionally pure head-to-toe moisturising, soothing and repairing cream. Provides intense and long-lasting relief
The first cream in the world to protect the skin from irritant metals (Nickel, Chromium, Cobalt…) for up to 14h while letting it breathe
A very pure moisturising body lotion which hydrates and protects from pollution and metals (Nickel, Chromium…)