Nickel allergy is very common throughout the world, but is still relatively unknown. You will find below a list of little known facts about this allergy, which will help you to learn more about it.
1. Almost 1 in 10 people has a skin allergy to Nickel and other metals such as Chromium and Cobalt! You, or someone you know, is allergic to one or more of these allergens and irritants!
2. Nickel was recently designated as “Allergen of the Year” by the American Contact Dermatitis Association
3. The New York Times recently wrote an article entitled “Nickel allergies on rise as devices meet skin“, following up on reports that iPads and other popular electronic devices can trigger nickel allergies
4. Nickel, Chromium and Cobalt are present in everyday items that we come into contact with, such as jewelry, leather accessories, cell phones, coins, and even door knobs!
5. When you touch such objects, it is quite likely that some metal irritant or allergen will rub off and penetrate your skin. This can even happen when the item is in your pocket, for instance, as sweat may allow metal ions (tiny metal particles) to cross your clothes and get in contact with your skin.
6. Allergies to Nickel, Chromium and similar allergens arise from cumulative contact; so the more you protect your skin from contact with these metals, the less likely you are to become allergic
7. There is no treatment for these allergies. But Skintifique’s Protective Cream HPS and Moisturizing Lotion HP are great remedies and can protect skin while providing excellent skincare for sensitive and allergic skin.
Protect, moisturize and cleanse skin from Nickel, Chromium, Cobalt and other metals The first cream in the world to protect skin from metals such as Nickel, Chromium… A very pure moisturizing lotion which hydrates and protects from metals (Nickel…)
Our top products for Nickel allergy
Protect, moisturize and cleanse skin from Nickel, Chromium, Cobalt and other metals
The first cream in the world to protect skin from metals such as Nickel, Chromium…
A very pure moisturizing lotion which hydrates and protects from metals (Nickel…)