Skintifique products do not contain dimethicone. They also do not contain many other ingredients. This reflects Skintifique’s “Radical Simplicity” approach which aims to eliminate every ingredient that is not important in order to protect the most sensitive skins. Also, all our products are eco-friendly, vegan, cruelty-free (no animal testing), hypoallergenic and tolerance tested.
Looking for Dimethicone free skincare? Check out our products.
Dimethicone in Cosmetics
What is Dimethicone?
Dimethicone, a form of silicone, is a kind of hybrid between synthetic rubbers and synthetic plastic polymers. Silicones are used in cosmetics and various personal care products to make them soft and smooth.
Other common names:
- Phenyl trimethicone
- Dimethicone copolyol
Why is it used by other brands?
The main reasons for using dimethicone in cosmetics are:
- It creates an occlusive layer on the skin (like plastic) thereby limiting water evaporation.
- It makes your skincare products feel silky, smooth and easy to apply without the oily film on your skin.
- It resists heating and UV lights
Why we do not use it
- Our product provides superior moisturizing thanks to the technologies they are based on that do not require an occlusive layer on the skin.
- It’s not great for health: It’s occlusive and prevents the skin from breathing.
- It’s not great for the environment: it takes around 400 years to biodegrade…
They talk about us
15% OFF ON YOUR FIRST ORDER
on our Website or on Amazon
Skintifique will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing information. You email address will not be shared with our partners.
You have a question or a suggestion ?
Contact us via email, phone, online chat…