Psoriasis is a chronic disease of the immune system, characterised by a localised inflammatory response and by the epidermis renewing too fast. This leads to an accumulation of dead cells at the surface of the skin.
There is no treatment today which can cure psoriasis permanently. However, there are a few treatments which can help control the symptoms such as topical corticosteroids, salicylic acid, systemic treatments…
15% off your first orderon our website or on Amazon
We will send one newsletter per month. We will provide updates and marketing information. Your email address will not be shared with our partners.
An extremely safe and pure composition
A limited number of ingredients: Skintifique products have extremely safe and pure compositions, with a limited number of ingredients to minimize the risks of unwanted skin reaction. The Psoriasis pack contains only 8 ingredients. Each ingredient has been carefully selected for its safety profile. All our products are hypoallergenic and tolerance tested.
Only safe ingredients: all Skintifique products are:
- paraben free
- with no occlusive ingredients (silicone free, dimethicone free, mineral oil free…)
- endocrine disruptors free
- EDTA free
- lanolin free
- metal free (no Nickel, Chromium, Cobalt…)
- BPA free (no phthalates, bisphenol, non-toxic plastic)
- sulfates free (no SLS & SLES)
Cruelty-free (no animal testing): our products are eco-friendly and vegan. They are not tested on animals.
For all skin types, even the most sensitive: suitable for babies, children, and adults.
Scientifically proven efficacy
Several studies have been carried out on people suffering from psoriasis. They show the benefits of the Hydrating Gel Plus HS (which is included in the Psoriasis pack) for users, sometimes within the first week, usually after two or three weeks of use (which corresponds to the skin’s natural renewal cycle):
- 89% improvement of the skin’s quality*
- 50% additional moisturising compared to an untreated zone**
- 2.5x more hydrating than traditional products***
- Up to +70% moisturising
- Efficacy lasts more than 24h after each application
The Activifique technology enables a controlled and gradual release of the active ingredients. When the skin requires moisturizing, eg because it is dry or inflamed, it sends signals to the delivery system containing the active ingredients, which then releases the ingredients. And so the skin’s physiological needs are met instantly and long-lastingly.
There are a few treatments which can help control the symptoms such as:
- Topical corticosteroids: to fight against the localized inflammation. However, there is the risk of a bounce effect when the treatment is stopped, and using corticosteroids over a long period of time can weaken the skin.
- Vitamin D3 analogs: they can act on the multiplication and maturation of the keratinocytes.
- Salicylic acid: for its keratolytic effect.
- Treatments by phototherapy: The idea is to expose the skin to UVA or UVB depending on the localization and the extent of the lesions. These treatments are often effective but can be used for a limited time to avoid the increase of skin cancer risk.
- Systemic treatments: different strategies can be considered by the medical profession to treat psoriasis attacks, generally vitamin A derivatives, immunosuppressants, or biotherapies. These treatments are often accompanied by side effects, which can limit their use.
- Intense moisturizing: persons suffering from psoriasis should use a product that brings intense and long-lasting moisturizing and soothing in order to help repair the skin.
NOW I HAVE PERIODS OF TIME WHEN I FORGET THAT I HAVE PSORIASIS
Articles about psoriasis
Xavier is a entrepreneur of 54 years old, and suffers from hand psoriasis. He tells us in this interview about his painful experience with this