Skintifique is an innovative company, dedicated to improving health and well-being through novel scientific, technology and business approaches.
“Bioinspiration” and “Radical simplicity”, founding principles at Skintifique
Because nature is an endless source of wisdom and the ideal blueprint for health, Skintifique’s development has been shaped by the principle of “Bioinspiration”.
“It’s about taking a basic idea in nature and improving upon it for your own purposes […] Mother Nature has managed to solve quite a few problems over the years. And so we can use bioinspiration to help us come up with new ideas to tackle tough problems.” Jeffrey Karp, (Skintifique co-founder), Fortune magazine interview, August 2015
In the same way, to bring comfort and relief to the most demanding skin, we clearly need to develop the safest formulations, delivering maximum efficacy AND tolerability. Instead of trying to chase after the latest exotic addition, Skintifique only uses active ingredients that are proven to be effective and with exceptional safety profiles such as such as glycerin, bisabolol or pure Castor Oil that is expeller-pressed from the seed of Ricinus.
In this pursuit of “essential effectiveness”, Skintifique focuses on quality over quantity with formulations that contain the fewest possible ingredients. That’s “Radical Simplicity”. And so the four products in the Skintifique range contain between five and thirteen ingredients – no more.
Excellence in physico-chemistry and innovation, the secret of Skintifique’s success
Behind our minimalist formulations are genuine scientific breakthroughs. Skintifique’s strength lies in how the active ingredients are assembled together and the chemical environment that they are in. The brand’s scientists and collaborators have new technologies to maximise products’ efficacy and achieve properties that aren’t possible in standard formulations.
Skintifique skincare products are based on two unprecedented scientific platforms:
- Capturifique: The world’s first technology to protect the skin from metals like Nickel, Chromium and Cobalt, to which many people are allergic. Similar to UV protection, this new technology captures metal ions on the skin’s surface and prevents them from penetrating the epidermis.
- Activifique: Exceptional technology that enables controlled and gradual release of the active ingredients. When the skin requires moisturising, eg because it is dry or inflamed, it sends signals to the delivery system containing the active ingredients, which then releases the ingredients. And so the skin’s physiological needs are met instantly and long-lastingly.
To go even further
This page presents a few articles summarising Skintifique’s science and approach to innovation.
The following articles present the company’s exclusive technology platforms, how our current products work, and some of the future products our scientists and collaborators are working on.
Some of these articles are easy reads, while others are presentations or documents that were presented at international medical and scientific congresses. These later articles do require expertise to be analysed and interpreted, and we urge readers to not draw conclusions or hypotheses unless they have appropriate expertise.
Some articles below are reserved for professionals. Contact us if you are interested in them or if you have any questions.
The science in our products
- The science in our products
- Profiles of Skintifique’s founding core scientific team
- How our products work:
- Selection of articles written by Skintifique on ingredients and approaches to design and make our products:
- Assessment of the efficiency of the Protective Cream HPS
- What are the effects of glycerin on the skin quality?
- Innovation in moisturising
- The safety of skin care products
- The birth of a product: How to make a skin care product
- New treatments for psoriasis
- Small molecule helps get stem cells to sites of disease
- Did you say Chlorphenesin?
Principles of Skintifique’s approach to innovation
- The science of making smart and safe products
- TedMed 2014: presentation on Bioinspiration by Professor Jeff Karp
- A novel approach to innovation in healthcare:
- How great ideas can lead to new discoveries, which lead to new products (MIT video interview of Professor Jeff Karp)
Selection of medical and scientific articles (for professionals and readers with medical and scientific expertise)
Protection against metals
- Assessment of protecting skincare products in the context of metal allergies (Presented at the Gerda, Groupe d’Etude et Recherche en Dermatologie et Allergologie)
- Reducing metal-induced contact dermatitis by using a protective skincare (Presented at the European Allergy and Venereology Association congress)
Moisturising and controlled release of active agents
- Presentations (Reserved pages: contact us to access them)
Analysis of 73 cases of use of Skintifique’s products in real life situations
- Retros1 study (Reserved pages: contact us to access them)
- Discover a selection of future projects and products: innovation pipeline