Mineral oil free skincare
Mineral oil is an ingredient derived from petrochemicals. It is colorless, orderless, hydrophobic and occlusive. Contrary to what the term might suggest, mineral oil is therefore very far from the naturalness of a mineral water… Mineral oils are mainly used in industry as a lubricant and in its most refined form, in a lot of cosmetics.
Other common names of mineral oil are: cera microcristallina, ceresin, ozokerite, paraffinum liquidum, petrolatum, petrolatum jelly, polyisobutylene, silicone quaternium, synthetic wax, vaseline.
The main reason for using mineral oil in cosmetics are:
- It creates an occlusive layer on the skin (like plastic) thereby limiting water evaporation.
- It is an emollient that softens the skin.
Why do we choose not to use mineral oil at Skintifique?
- Our product provides superior moisturising thanks to the technologies they are based on that do not require an occlusive layer on the skin.
- It’s not great for health. It’s occlusive and prevents the skin from breathing. If the oil is not refined enough it can be toxic in the long-term.
- It’s not great for the environment, like any other product derived from petrol…
The Discovery Pack is a targeted system for sensitive skin. This unique skincare combo moisturizes, protects, soothes and cleanses.
A 4 step solution:
Step 1: Protect & Moisturize
The Moisturizing Lotion HP (6.76 Fl oz) offers a unique patented protection from environmental stressors like pollution and metals.
Step 2: Cleanse & Remove
The Cleanser P (6.76 Fl oz) is an exceptionally pure micellar water which gently cleanses, removes makeup and purifies skin.
Step 3: Hydrate & Repair
The Hydrating Gel Plus HS (1.35 Fl oz) contains patented slow releasing technology that replenishes skin’s essential lipids and provides instant & long-lasting soothing hydration.
Step 4: Protect against metals.
The Protective Cream HPS (0.67 oz) protects skin locally from metals (Nickel, Chromium, Cobalt…).
- Between 5 and 13 ingredients.
- No fragrance, no paraben, no occlusive ingredients, no endocrine disruptors, no alcohol...
- Up to 98.9% natural ingredients
- For all skin types, even the most sensitive (babies, children, pregnant women...)
- Cruelty-free (not tested on animals), vegan, earth-friendly
- Made in France
- Excellence in physico-chemistry and innovation
- Exclusive patented technologies
- Products are recommended by doctors, dermatologists and our customers
- Unique expertise on formulations
Skintifique is committed to the most eco-responsible and earth-friendly approach. All our skincare products are:
- Made in France
- Locally sourced ingredients
- 100% recyclable packaging
Articles about sensitive skin
Summer and the sun are here… and it is time to choose an efficient after sun cream for your sensitive skin. Indeed, with the sun
Here we are, winter settled in with an entirely new set of challenges for our skin. But what about our skin care routine? And how
Do you have sensitive, demanding or stressed skin? Discover the four innovative dermatological skin care products, which are specially designed for sensitive skins! Learn in