What information on psoriasis are you looking for?
What is psoriasis
Psoriasis is a chronic disease of the immune system. It is characterized by a localized inflammatory response and by the epidermis renewing too fast. This leads to an accumulation of dead cells at the surface of the skin.
Scalp psoriasis often causes intense itching. It is then important to choose a skin care product that soothes intensely the irritated skin. Scroll down to learn more.
What are the symptoms of psoriasis
Psoriasis clinical manifestations are most commonly the appearance of more or less thick red patches on the skin, covered by scales. The patches can evolve and lead to the apparition of very painful lesions, like cracks which can be more or less deep. This is a relapsing disease which evolves by sudden flare-ups. Some factors can be aggravating like stress, smoking, or skin lesions (like sun burns).
The different types of psoriasis
Some information on psoriasis
- Psoriasis affects around 3 percent of the world’s population.
- Psoriasis can be an inherited disorder but it is not contagious or infectious. It can’t spread from one person to the other.
- Psoriasis can occur at any age. It affects both men and women.
- Psoriasis usually appears as red elevated plaques with silvery scales at various locations on the body. The most common sites are the scalp, elbows, and knees.
- Psoriasis patients sometimes have no symptoms for long periods of time (without this being caused by treatment).
- There are no treatments that can cure psoriasis, but some can relieve symptoms. They are often topical treatments, sometimes composed of corticosteroids (which can have side effects which damage the skin).
- Between 5 and 25% of people with psoriasis can develop psoriatic arthritis (a form of arthritis).
How can psoriasis be relieved?
One must know that there is no treatment today which can cure psoriasis permanently. However, there are a few treatments which can help control the symptoms such as:
- Topical corticosteroids: to fight against the localized inflammation. However, there is the risk of a bounce effect when the treatment is stopped, and using corticosteroids over a long period of time can weaken the skin.
- Vitamin D3 analogs: they can act on the multiplication and maturation of the keratinocytes.
- Salicylic acid: for its keratolytic effect.
- Treatments by phototherapy: The idea is to expose the skin to UVA or UVB depending on the localization and the extent of the lesions. These treatments are often effective but can be used for a limited time to avoid the increase of skin cancer risk.
- Systemic treatments: different strategies can be considered by the medical profession to treat psoriasis attacks, generally vitamin A derivatives, immunosuppressants, or biotherapies. These treatments are often accompanied by side effects, which can limit their use.
- Intense moisturizing: persons suffering from psoriasis should use a product that brings intense and long-lasting moisturizing and soothing in order to help repair the skin.
In any case, it is essential for persons suffering from psoriasis to take care of their skin during and between outbreaks, with skin care which moisturizes, soothes and helps repair skin.
How can psoriasis be relieved with Skintifique?
An innovative approach
You have tried everything and you are still looking for new solutions to relieve your psoriasis? Skintifique’s scientists and collaborators have developed a new approach to create safe and efficient glycerine based products that allow a controlled release of the active ingredients to the skin. This approach is called Activifique. Unlike in standard products, beneficial ingredients are delivered over time to the skin. In some circumstances, the beneficial agents are even activated when the skin most needs them, and less active when the skin needs them less. The products then benefit skin both during and between break-out and can be used in the long run on any skin part, without loss of efficacy.
Scientifically proven results
The Psoriasis Pack is composed of the Hydrating Gel Plus HS that benefits from this new technology and brings an intense and long-lasting moisturizing, soothes, and helps repair skin damaged by psoriasis. It has a very safe formulation, with only 8 ingredients, and 98.9% of natural ingredients, which makes it very suitable for irritated or damaged skin.
To be applied as often as necessary
This Gel has the texture of a cream. It is an exceptional face and body moisturizer which can help to regenerate your skin. It provides a triple emollient, humectant, and soothing action. Moreover, this skin care gradually releases its moisturizing and soothing agents on demand. We recommend to use it for at least 15 days to help repair the skin damaged by psoriasis.
Skintifique products have extremely pure formulations, with a limited number of ingredients to minimize the risk of skin reaction. Each ingredient has been carefully selected for its safety profile. The products in the Psoriasis Pack are: paraben free – metal free (no Nickel, Chromium or Cobalt…) – fragrance free – EDTA-free – BPA free (no phthalates, bisphenol, non-toxic plastic) – sulfates free (no SLS & SLES) – gluten free – silicone free (no dimethicone) – alcohol free – mineral oil free (petroleum free) – lanolin free. Also, all our products are eco-friendly and vegan. They are cruelty-free (no animal testing). They are hypoallergenic and tolerance tested.
Skintifique in the press
What are the results of Skintifique products on psoriasis?
A frequent use of the Hydrating Gel Plus HS shows a clear improvement:
Xavier suffers from hand psoriasis. You can read here his interview on his experience with…
In the recent years, new discoveries have been made concerning the mechanisms involved in psoriasis. These discoveries…