Skintifique products do not contain mineral oil. They also do not contain many other ingredients.
This reflects Skintifique’s “Radical Simplicity” approach which aims to eliminate every ingredient that is not important in order to protect the most sensitive skins. It is the scientific innovation that our products are based on, that allows their unrivaled efficacy. Also, all our products are eco-friendly, vegan, cruelty-free (no animal testing), hypoallergenic and tolerance tested.
Looking for mineral oil free skincare? Check out our products.
Mineral oil in Cosmetics
What is mineral oil?
Mineral oil is an ingredient derived from petrochemicals. It is colorless, orderless, hydrophobic and occlusive. Contrary to what the term might suggest, mineral oil is therefore very far from the naturalness of a mineral water… Mineral oils are mainly used in industry as a lubricant and in its most refined form, in a lot of cosmetics.
Other common names
- Cera microcristallina
- Mineral Oil
- Paraffinum liquidum
- Petrolatum Jelly
- Silicone quaternium
- Synthetic wax
Why is it used by other brands?
The main reason for using mineral oil in cosmetics are:
- It creates an occlusive layer on the skin (like plastic) thereby limiting water evaporation.
- It is an emollient that softens the skin.
Why we do not use it
- Our product provides superior moisturising thanks to the technologies they are based on that do not require an occlusive layer on the skin.
- It’s not great for health. It’s occlusive and prevents the skin from breathing. If the oil is not refined enough it can be toxic in the long-term.
- It’s not great for the environment, like any other product derived from petrol…
They talk about us
15% OFF ON YOUR FIRST ORDER
on our Website or on Amazon
Skintifique will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing information. You email address will not be shared with our partners.
You have a question or a suggestion ?
Contact us via email, phone, online chat…
Most recent articles
Redness, itching, cracking, bumps, swelling … They can all be the results of skin allergy. When an allergen triggers an immune system response, the skin reacts with…