Silicones, also known as siloxanes, are a kind of hybrid between synthetic rubbers and synthetic plastic polymers. Silicones are used in cosmetics and various personal care products to make them soft and smooth.
Other common names of silicone are: methicone, pheny trimethicone, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, dimethiconol, dimethicone copolyol, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane.
The main reason for using silicone in cosmetics are:
- It creates an occlusive layer on the skin (like plastic) thereby limiting water evaporation.
- It makes your skincare products feel silky smooth and easy to apply without the oily film on your skin.
- It resists heating and UV lights.
Why do we choose not to use silicones at Skintifique?
- Our product provides superior moisturizing thanks to the technologies they are based on that do not require an occlusive layer on the skin.
- It’s not great for health: It’s occlusive and prevents the skin from breathing.
- It’s not great for the environment: it takes around 400 years to biodegrade…
The Discovery Pack is a targeted system for sensitive skin. This unique skincare combo moisturizes, protects, soothes and cleanses.
A 4 step solution:
Step 1: Protect & Moisturize
The Moisturizing Lotion HP (6.76 Fl oz) offers a unique patented protection from environmental stressors like pollution and metals.
Step 2: Cleanse & Remove
The Cleanser P (6.76 Fl oz) is an exceptionally pure micellar water which gently cleanses, removes makeup and purifies skin.
Step 3: Hydrate & Repair
The Hydrating Gel Plus HS (1.35 Fl oz) contains patented slow releasing technology that replenishes skin’s essential lipids and provides instant & long-lasting soothing hydration.
Step 4: Protect against metals.
The Protective Cream HPS (0.67 oz) protects skin locally from metals (Nickel, Chromium, Cobalt…).
- Between 5 and 13 ingredients.
- No fragrance, no paraben, no occlusive ingredients, no endocrine disruptors, no alcohol...
- Up to 98.9% natural ingredients
- For all skin types, even the most sensitive (babies, children, pregnant women...)
- Cruelty-free (not tested on animals), vegan, earth-friendly
- Made in France
- Excellence in physico-chemistry and innovation
- Exclusive patented technologies
- Products are recommended by doctors, dermatologists and our customers
- Unique expertise on formulations
Skintifique is committed to the most eco-responsible and earth-friendly approach. All our skincare products are:
- Made in France
- Locally sourced ingredients
- 100% recyclable packaging
Articles about sensitive skin
Summer and the sun are here… and it is time to choose an efficient after sun cream for your sensitive skin. Indeed, with the sun
Here we are, winter settled in with an entirely new set of challenges for our skin. But what about our skin care routine? And how
Do you have sensitive, demanding or stressed skin? Discover the four innovative dermatological skin care products, which are specially designed for sensitive skins! Learn in