Many of you have asked us questions about skin moisturising. Today, Camille, a scientist at Skintifique, answers your questions on this subject!
Why is moisturising the skin so important?
- For your general comfort: moisturising limits skin tightness, and possibly itching (which can allow limiting the use of corticosteroids)
- Improvement of the quality of the skin: it can better resist skin problems (for example eczema crisis)
- Aesthetic aspect
What are the key elements of moisturising?
- The product needs ingredients that ensure the different necessary functions (moistening, emollient, soothing…)
- An optimal acting period
- Compatibility with the most sensitive and reactive skins
How is it possible to innovate in moisturising?
- By integrating new ingredients
- By using new structures: this is the case for Skintifique, which uses in its products (for example in the Hydrating Gel Plus HS) the minimum number of ingredients to ensure a pure and safe composition. All the ingredients are well known, but it is the new structure of this product which is a true innovation, giving exceptional results on people suffering from dry or very dry skin, or even dermatological conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, or severe skin diseases. To learn more about the science behind our products, click here.
Which benefits can be expected from moisturising?
- A better quality of life
- An optimal efficiency of treatments
- A healthier skin, which is less subject to inconvenience
- A reduction of the outbreak’s extent when you are suffering from eczema, psoriasis, or other skin affections which often manifest themselves through outbreaks
- Possibly (even if it is not yet demonstrated), an improvement of the skin’s resistance…
What results can you expect when using the Hydrating Gel Plus HS?
“The rashes I’ve got during my eczema outbursts are now less extended since I started to use the Hydrating Gel Plus HS, moreover, I feel my skin is more hydrated.
During my eczema crisis, I used fewer corticosteroids cream than the previous times, before I started using Skintifique’s Gel. I have fewer crevices, that are less deep also. My everyday life is less painful.
I feel my skin is reconstructing, in a better shape now. I see the real benefit of having an intense and lasting hydration on my hands.
The use of the Hydrating Gel Plus HS does not prevent a new crisis of eczema, but they are less painful than before I started to use this product.”
An exceptionally pure head-to-toe moisturising, soothing and repairing cream. Provides intense and long-lasting relief
The first cream in the world to protect the skin from irritant metals (Nickel, Chromium, Cobalt…) for up to 14h while letting it breathe
A very pure moisturising body lotion which hydrates and protects from pollution and metals (Nickel, Chromium…)