Skintifique is an innovative company, dedicated to improving health and well-being through novel scientific, technology and business approaches.
"Bioinspiration" and "Radical simplicity", founding principles at Skintifique
Because nature is an endless source of wisdom and the ideal blueprint for health, Skintifique’s development has been shaped by the principle of “Bioinspiration”.
“It’s about taking a basic idea in nature and improving upon it for your own purposes […] Mother Nature has managed to solve quite a few problems over the years. And so we can use bioinspiration to help us come up with new ideas to tackle tough problems.” Jeffrey Karp, (Skintifique co-founder), Fortune magazine interview, August 2015
In the same way, to bring comfort and relief to the most demanding skin, we clearly need to develop the safest formulations, delivering maximum effectiveness AND tolerability. Instead of trying to chase after the latest exotic addition, Skintifique only uses active ingredients that are proven to be effective and with exceptional safety profiles such as such as glycerin, bisabolol or pure Castor Oil that is expeller-pressed from the seed of Ricinus.
In this pursuit of “essential effectiveness”, Skintifique focuses on quality over quantity with formulations that contain the fewest possible ingredients. That’s “Radical Simplicity”. And so the four products in the Skintifique range contain between five and thirteen ingredients – no more.
Excellence in physico-chemistry and innovation, the secret of Skintifique's success
Behind our minimalist formulations are genuine scientific breakthroughs. Skintifique’s strength lies in how the active ingredients are assembled together and the chemical environment that they are in. The brand’s scientists and collaborators have new technologies to maximize products’ efficacy and achieve properties that aren’t possible in standard formulations.
Skintifique skincare products are based on two unprecedented scientific platforms:
Exceptional technology that enables controlled and gradual release of the active ingredients. When the skin requires moisturizing, eg because it is dry or inflamed, it sends signals to the delivery system containing the active ingredients, which then releases the ingredients. And so the skin’s physiological needs are met instantly and long-lastingly.
The world’s first technology to protect the skin from metals like Nickel, Chromium, and Cobalt, to which many people are allergic. Similar to UV protection, this new technology captures metal ions on the skin’s surface and prevents them from penetrating the epidermis.
A unique expertise on formulations
Innovative and safe skincare
To go even further
- Capturifique: protecting skin from metals
- Activifique: providing intense and long lasting efficacy
- Extremely safe and pure formulations
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the Protective Cream HPS
- What are the effects of glycerin on the skin quality?
- Innovation in moisturizing
- The safety of skin care products
- The birth of a product: How to make a skincare product
- New treatments for psoriasis
- What is Chlorphenesin?
- TedMed – Dr. Jeff Karp (co-founder of Skintifique) – Insight outside: harnessing nature’s secrets
- MIT Interview – Dr. Jeff Karp (co-founder of Skintifique) – How great ideas can lead to new discoveries, which lead to new products
- Assessment of protecting skincare products in the context of metal allergies (Presented at the GERDA congress)
- Reducing metal-induced contact dermatitis by using a protective skincare (Presented at the European Allergy and Venereology Association congress)